Join Our Team
PR & DIGITAL MARKETING INTERN
BCENE PR is currently seeking a Public Relations + Digital Marketing intern to help build brand buzz and awareness in the digital space with a particular emphasis on identifying and engaging with influencers through events, content marketing, and traditional pitching.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Creating and managing content across BCENE’s social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram LinkedIn and Blog.
- Editorial research, media list development, influencer list management and outreach, press release, media alert, and email pitch writing.
- Researching and requesting editorial calendars, listings, and media kits and submits client events to calendars and listings.
- Drafting pitch-related content such as media alerts, press releases, email pitches and social media content.
- Monitoring traditional and social media space for relevant coverage, mentions and discussions of client and/or campaign.
- Developing public relations reports and recaps.
- Staying up-to-date on industries relevant to BCENE accounts; monitors opportunities for pitching and demonstrates an understanding of PR & digital trends.
We are looking for candidates who:
- Take ownership over tasks and deadlines / can work independently
- Love to write, are familiar with AP style and are excellent editors
- Are receptive to feedback and apt to find solutions
- Are super proactive, productive and take initiative
- Can produce “client ready” work and understand the importance of proofing
Expectations & qualifications:
- Applicant must have some experience using social media platforms, Google Suite and Microsoft programs.
- Applicant must be very punctual, detail oriented, organized, and reliable.
- Applicant must be available to dedicate three (3) days per week for this internship, plus help assist at some events. Our office hours are Monday-Friday 9am-5pm.
Fall Semester: September – December
Spring Semester: January – April
Summer Semester: May – August
This internship is best for college students looking to gain substantial experience in public relations and social media. College credit is accepted. This position is part-time and unpaid. To apply, please send a letter of interest, resume, and 2-3 writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to Brittanie Clement.